“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Five Essentials of the Gospel
- All are sinners and therefore lost
- God loves the sinner but must punish the sin
- No one can save themselves by any means
- Christ has provided for our salvation
- The sinner must personally accept by faith God’s provision of salvation
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24
They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.
11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 John 5:11-13
Archive: M0122 Class 201 Recap